Yoga is well-known for its stress-relieving and strength-building properties, but did you know it may also help your skin? Yoga glow is a reality, and if you practice on a daily basis, you would have certainly noticed how exercise affects your skin.
Yoga causes blood vessels to dilate, resulting in increased blood flow to the skin, which provides it with more oxygen and nutrients, giving you a 'glow. Here are yoga positions for a beautiful complexion, whether you practice at home or in the studio.
Yoga Asanas for Glowing Skin
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
1. Lie flat on your stomach, face down.
2. Put your hands beside your rib cage with palms flat on the ground.
3. Press your palms into the floor, inhaling deeply as you lift your upper body (that is, your head, neck, shoulders, and upper chest) off the ground.
4. Keep your breathing normal and steady.
5. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
Halasana (Plow Pose)
1. Lie on your back with hands to your side.
2. Lift your legs until it is perpendicular to the floor.
3. Bend your elbows and place your palms under your waist.
4. With your hands, push your legs over your head till they are at a 180° angle. Try to touch your toes to the floor.
5. Hold this position for a few seconds.
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
1. Stand with feet wide apart.
2. Inhale and stretch your arms parallel to the floor.
3. While exhaling, extend and bend on your right side, bringing your right hand towards your right foot. Left arm should be stretched straight towards the sky.
4. Hold this position for a few seconds.
5. Relax and repeat on left side.
Pawanmuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
1. Lie on your back with feet together.
2. Breath deeply and with clasped hands, bring your right knee to your chest, pressing your thigh to your abdomen.
3. Lift your head and chest off the floor, touching your chin to your right knee.
4. Hold for a few seconds, breathing deeply.
5. Relax and repeat with your left leg.
Self-Care Tips for Glowing Skins
Get plenty of water
Detoxifying your system with lukewarm water, lemon, and honey is a good idea. It also maintains the cleanliness and wellness of your skin.
Exercise on a daily basis
Regularly go for long, brisk walks. This will give your face a healthy glow and colour.
Make nutritious food choices
Vitamin C-rich fruits and vegetables should be consumed. Papayas are extremely good for removing toxins from the body. Dark spots, scars, tans, and sunburn can all be reduced with potatoes.
Get plenty of rest
It naturally shows on your face when your body is properly rested. Make an effort to get eight hours of restful sleep.
Practice Face Yoga
Facial yoga exercise can be a great way to achieve glowing skin. Face yoga is considered anti-aging yoga and under the guidance of a face yoga expert, you can learn facial yoga for chubby cheeks, face yoga to reduce fat, facial exercise for wrinkles, and other face exercises for glowing face.
Exercise is unquestionably important for a healthy body, mind, and skin. The best approach to achieve glowing skin is our Face Yoga Course. You can learn face yoga for glowing skin with Ira Trivedi in Live and interactive online face yoga classes and also learn the perfect diet for healthier skin.